Here's some advice for bringing a dog home: 1. First, you will need the dogs supplies before you get it. You'll need a collar and leash, food and water bowls, food, and, of course, some toys (See Dog Supplies Layout). And don't forget the ID Tag.
2. Maybe arrange the arrival of your new dog for a weekend or when you can be home for a few days. Try to spend some quality time together.
3. Take your dog to the vet if it doesn't have it's vaccination shots.
4. Decide the daily plans like for example: Who will walk the dog first thing in the morning? Who will feed him at night? Will Fido be allowed on the couch, or won't he? Where will he rest at night? Are there any rooms in the house that are off-limits?
5. Let your pet know from the start who is the boss. Reward him with praise when he does well, too! Here is a [].
6. Enjoy jogging or Frisbee? You bet your dog will, too. Get active with it.